Although its been present for a long time in the database (and to some extent, in the PHP), I’ve never really gotten around to making “thread locking” work right. Until now.
I wrote the piece on Israel earlier because it was on my mind, not because I wanted to start a debate or turn my blog into an anti-Israel platform. So when I saw the tide turning that way, I locked the thread administratively.
It wasn’t pretty, it just spit out undescribed errors. So I’ve finally gotten around to spiffing up the UI, and it now displays on the front page, as well as the comment page, that the thread is locked. It won’t accept new comments.
I’m also doing a quick audit for additional features needed.